Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Destination: June Lake

Lately I have been busy. Haven't we all? Busy thinking, busy doing, busy responding, busy checking, busy waiting, busy... whatever!
It is an easy trap to get entangled in. And boy do I get stuck!

This is why it is important to plan a strategic get away. Many call this "vacation." - (a foreign concept for busy people, like myself).

Thankfully, every summer my family likes to sneak away to a lovely place in the High Sierras called June Lake. For those of you who do not know where it is, it is a half hour or so north of Mammoth Lakes or two hours east of Yosemite National Park. It is the perfect place to be in nature without being surrounded by millions of tourists.

For me, it is a place that brings back memories of learning how to fish, hike, and enjoy the almost forgotten beauty that surrounds me.

June is a beautiful "get-away," with crystal clear water, warm sunshine, blooming wildflowers, and best of all - silence.

Here are some pictures of my trip two weeks ago. I was there with my parents, both grandmas, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. My niece, Hailey is in many of the pictures because... well... she is pretty much... adorable.

Just take a look (it's in a book... Reading Rainbow)! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What a good looking family! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it dude!!!! Your stuff has gotten so much better man!! Seriously. I am lovin what I am seeing!!! Even though I saw some of these before they were put up they are still awesome..

    ReplyDelete