Thursday, August 25, 2011

30 Years Well Spent

Not many people can claim to have worked for one organization for 30 years - 5 is even a stretch.

In today's ever changing job market, people are scrambling from job to job. There is not a lot of consistency. They (the arbitrary researchers out there) predict that those entering the job market today will change careers at least 3 to 7 times. I would have predicted higher based on how often my friends change jobs. But this blog is not about them. It is about a legend.

On September 1st, 2011, Joyce Luy wil be retiring after consistently supporting and guiding students to Christian Higher Education for the past 30 years. More specifically, she has been working at Westmont College, one of the top Christian Liberal Arts Colleges in THE WORLD! ... Ok, ok, I may be a little biased since I did attend Westmont and now work for the college. But, seriously, it is an amazing place and Joyce had a huge role in making it the place it is today.

For me, Joyce has been a great mentor. She has taught me how to be professional, creative, organized, and aware of the most important thing in life... faith. She has always supported my work with Young Life and she genuinely cares about my well being.

As much as I know I will miss her, I am excited for the adventure God has her on.

To Joyce, Westmont Legend, adieux.

*Here are some pics from her Farewell Party.*

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment