Friday, August 19, 2011

Baptism: Cleansed by the Blood

"... for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."
-Galatians 3:27

Last Sunday I was able to observe something very powerful.

Gus, one of my Young Life Capernaum guys, was baptized.

Now... baptism is more than being dunked in a tub of water (or ocean, in this case). It is an outward expression of someone committing their life to Jesus.

Seeing someone baptized is moving. However, seeing someone baptized that you know, love, admire, and most importantly that you have shared in that journey - it is life changing.

God has used Gus in my life to teach me how to love. He has used Gus to teach me to be thankful in all things. And most importantly, God has used Gus to give me a better picture of who God is... a personal being who desperately desires to know us and love us.

I pray God uses these pictures to speak to you. If you want to know more about Young Life Capernaum feel free to contact me. It is definitely a ministry worth checking out!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am going to be honest I got a little teary eyed... Don't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. montana, i totally did too, but don't worry, i won't tell! these are beautiful, todd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! Tears are appropriate for something like this. I definitely cried that day.

    ReplyDelete