Monday, November 14, 2011

Haiti, Here I come!


Dear Friends and Family,

For the last two months I have been wearing a leather band around my left wrist with the word “Hope” spelled out in Creole (ESPWA).  I was given this band as a reminder for supporting a few of my good friends who have decided to serve Jesus in Haiti.  As I was praying for them before they left, I was feeling a pull on my own heart for where Jesus was leading me.  Soon after their departure, an opportunity to partner with them and a short-term missions team for two weeks came to my attention.  I prayed, prayed some more, and ultimately said, yes.

In January, I go.  I will be serving with a rag-tag team of 17 mixed professionals through a ministry called IMPACT (International Missions Project and Cross-Cultural Training).  More specifically, we will be partnering with New Vision Haiti, an existing non-profit organization in the small fishing village of Montrouis (pronounced Mo – wee).  New Vision has been in Haiti for 2 years and manages an orphanage, a refugee camp, a feeding program, and a medical clinic.  I will be working in their community development program, helping their orphanage care givers, pastoral leaders, and marketing developers. 

My hope for the two weeks I will be in Haiti is for my gifts to be used, my soul refreshed, and most importantly, for Jesus to be known.  However, none of this is possible without prayer.  This is why I am writing you.  Please partner with me in prayer over this ministry, for the people of Haiti and for my own heart.  Pray for my team, for New Vision, and for all of the people being impacted by their efforts. 

In addition to my request for prayers, I would also like to ask you to consider partnering with me in my fundraising efforts. In order to participate in this opportunity, I am responsible for raising $2,250.  This cost includes transportation, food, housing, insurance, immunizations and a donation to New Vision. Please take time to prayerfully consider your donation and know that I appreciate anything you can offer.  You can make your donation by going to my support page here: 



Thank you in advance for your consideration in partnering with me. This is a tremendous opportunity and I would not be able to go on this journey without the love and support of those around me.  I leave January 10th and will be updating this blog before I go, while I am there, and after I return.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me with questions! 

Sincerely,
Todd 

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAITI!!!!! I don't know if you knew this, but I went this Summer. Wow. I will be praying for the Lord to prepare you for what you will experience there, and also for the people you will be in contact with. God Bless, Todd!

    ReplyDelete