Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exploring Old Passions


I miss arts and crafts. I miss drawing, cutting, coloring. I miss getting messy with paint all over my hands. Those were good times.

And thus I yearn to return to my roots, the days of old, the days where I didn't get distracted by bills, cooking meals, and who is engaged to who. I want to return to my passion of art.

A while back, I decided I wanted to try painting again. So this weekend I bought some art supplies with a good friend (who is way more experienced in painting than I). And today I began my series of music meeting paint. What better way to show my love for music, than to paint instruments.

So, I begin with the Drum (the instrument I can actually play).

And next the Violin (an instrument I wish I could play).

Following with the Trombone (an instrument cool people play).

And finally with the Saxophone (an instrument with soul).


I am excited. It feels good to have a project outside of work. It gives me something to come home to. Something to look forward to.

There is so much beauty in this world. Thank you Jesus for showing me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment